Coffee and Letters Season 2 Ep. 2 (A MiChaeng FF Story)


Coffee and Letters Season 2 Ep. 2 (A MiChaeng FF Story)

Sana: Hey! What are you doing here?

**Sana shouted as she walks towards Mina. The music is so loud that she has to raise her voice whenever she speaks. She reached Mina, who just gave her a quick smile. Mina’s sitting at the corner table, leaning her arms on it and playing with the ice in her glass.**

Sana: Why are you here? Why not join Chaeyoung and everyone?

**She pointed at the crowd where Chaeng and Tzuyu were standing with other staff and visitors with her glass of vodka.**

Mina: Hmm… she needs that by herself. I’m good here.

**She said casually.**

Sana: Where’s Ryujin and Lia, by the way?

Mina: They went home already. They have an early class tomorrow, and they don’t want to miss their first subject.

Sana: Seems like Lia’s a good influence to Ryujin, huh? I kind of like the kid, you know.

Mina: Well, I do, too. Ryujin finally has direction now, and I love how Lia supports her all the time.

Sana: I bet your parents are grateful, too.

Mina: You have no idea how much grateful they are. They couldn’t even believe her plan to go back to school when she broke the news to them.

**Sana laughed, but no one noticed how loud her laugh was since the music continues to drown the entire floor.**

Sana: She’s unbelievable. Isn’t she? She’s so different from you. Very outgoing and doesn’t care that much about what other people will think about her.

Mina: And sometimes I envy her, you know.

Sana: Well, that’s my next question. How are you these days?

**Sana stared at her, not leaving her even for a second.**

Sana: Is everything all right between you two?

**Mina abruptly shifted her eyes to Sana. Is she seeing something that I don’t? She thought.**

Mina: What do you mean?

**Sana rested her glass on the table and then crossed her arms over her chest.**

Sana: When did we start playing dumb, Mina?

**Mina sighed before pulling her glass closer to her. Of course, there’s no point in playing dumb in front of her best friend. Before she could even read herself, Sana will know it already.**

Mina: I don’t know. She’s acting weird lately. I’m not sure what’s going on. All I know is she’s keeping things to herself.

Sana: Have you asked her what’s going on?


Mina: I did. But I don’t think I got the right answer to my questions. She mostly refuses to talk about things lately. And I’m telling you, it annoys me most of the time. But I have no choice. You know I’m not good at arguments.

**Sana leaned forward again to grab her drink.**

Sana: How long has she been like that?

Mina: Two months? I just noticed it after we celebrated her birthday. But I couldn’t recall anything that happened on her day. Until now it’s a mystery to me.

**Sana paused for a while, staring at her now almost empty glass.**

Sana: How strange is strange? I mean, for me, she’s already a quiet one, you know. Does it somewhat got doubled?

Mina: It worsens. It’s like she’s always staring at a blank space. Zoning out. But every single time I’m asking her what’s going on she’s just saying she’s thinking about the next story she’ll write.

Sana: Well, what if it’s the case? That she’s just planning her next story? Shouldn’t you know how difficult it is to think about a complicated plot? You’ve been together for what now? A year? You should have known that already.

**Mina’s forehead creased.**

Mina: Oh… when did you understand the life of a writer?

**Then she smiled lopsidedly. Suddenly become teasing.**

Sana: Not until I got into my struggle with Tzuyu. Their job seemed to be so… you know, unique. Even Tzuyu sometimes zones out. It’s like she’s in a trance and I’m talking to a stone. Then when I ask her, she’ll just answer me, “I’m fine. I’m just thinking about the story they’ve submitted this afternoon or yesterday.” Something like that. I guess it’s just their thing, you know. So… so I think we don’t have to worry about that. What do you think?

**Mina nodded once and smiled. She’s finally getting the reason for Chaeyoung’s sudden change. Maybe Sana’s right. She thought. That maybe Chaeng just focuses on her new storyline and characters. Her job differs from hers. Way different, and she should pay attention to that difference instead of finding strange things from it. She thought again.**

Mina: Right. You’re right. I shouldn’t be so sensitive about things.

Sana: Indeed. But, in case there are more strange things that will occur to her, you can talk to me. Okay? Just call me.

Mina: Yeah, I will. Don’t worry.


**Then both of them turned their heads and watch their lovers from a distance. Chaeyoung’s not enjoying the night since she’s just in the corner smiling awkwardly. Five or six more people are chatting beside the long table aside from Chaeng and Tzuyu. Tzuyu’s paying attention to the man wearing a suit. He’s talking with no apparent expression on her face. Maybe they’re talking about some serious stuff aside from congratulating their successful event.**

**Tzuyu bent over to Chaeyoung before they excused themselves from that crowd.**

Tzuyu: He’s a producer.

**Chaeyoung only nodded at her since there’s no point in talking. The music is so loud, and it’s banging in her ears. All she wants is to drive home and lie down, instead of socializing with these people she barely knows.**

Tzuyu: And he’s thinking of picking something on our shelves for their next film. I’ve already given him some recommendations, and he likes the list. He said he’ll be giving me an update at least by next week.

**She still receives nothing from Chaeng.**

Tzuyu: Are you even listening to me?

**Tzuyu’s almost shouting now, gritting her teeth and squinting at Chaeyoung.**

Tzuyu: Shouldn’t you be asking me if I put your stories on that list? I need some energy, Chaeyoung. I need your reaction, and you’re not giving me anything.

Chaeng: Sorry. Maybe I already expected that you’ll put one of my books there. So, no need to ask, I guess.

Tzuyu: Okay, let’s say you already know that. Yet still, you have no sensible reaction. And that pisses me off, you know.

**Chaeng sighed and then chugged down the last drop of her alcohol.**

Chaeng: I want to go home, Tzuyu. I’m tired. Why don’t I just drive to your office sometime next week?

Tzuyu: What’s going, Chaeng? You seemed so distant and not in the world. What’s going on?

**Chaeng laid her right on Tzuyu’s shoulder, yet not meeting her eyes.**

Chaeng: I’m fine. I’m just tired.

Tzuyu: You’re not just tired, Chaeng. I know you. Something’s bothering you, isn’t it?

**Her hand is still lying on Tzuyu’s shoulder, but this time, she raised her head and stared at her.**

Chaeng: I told you, I’ll visit you sometime next week. I also need to breathe some fresh air.

Tzuyu: Fresh air? Is there something wrong between you and Mina?

**Chaeng brushed down her hand into Tzuyu’s arm until it went down to her side again.**


Chaeng: No. She’s perfect. This is just me.

Tzuyu: You want to go to my office and talk?

**Chaeng side glanced to her right where she saw Mina and Sana talking to each other.**

Chaeng: No. That’s not a great idea. Trust me, I’ll drive to your office one of these days, okay?

**Tzuyu just stared at her best friend. Battling if she’ll believe her or not ‘cause if it’s about driving, Chaeyoung always lies.**

Tzuyu: Should I?

**Chaeng hissed.**

Chaeng: This time, you should. I also need to talk to you about some stuff.

**Tzuyu nodded, and just by staring at Chaeng, though Chaeng isn’t meeting her eyes, she could sense that something is going on with her best friend.**

Chaeng: So, if they’ll film something with the list of stories on our shelves, then that means better exposure to all your writers, right?

Tzuyu: Right. And I’m praying so hard that they’ll at least choose one from the hundreds of books we have, and I’m rooting for your stories.

Chaeng: Oh! That’s so biased, you know.

Tzuyu: Well, what’s wrong with that? You’re my best friend, and you deserve a break.

Chaeng: People already know me, so what’s the point of having a break? I guess I’m already satisfied with this little fame that my stories are giving me.

Tzuyu: Nah! We shouldn’t be that contented. If they’ll make a film with one of your books, that means more sales for you and my company. It’s just like hitting two birds in one stone.

Chaeng: Great thinking Miss Businesswoman of the year!

**Tzuyu laughed and raised her glass, which Chaeng gladly took for cheers.**

Tzuyu: We need to think big to move farther. And if my company becomes big, then everyone will prosper.

Chaeng: Is that your new motto now?

Tzuyu: Well, kind of. You don’t like it?

Chaeng: Hmm… you’re a businesswoman, and I’m sure it’s a reasonable motto for the company.

Tzuyu: Of course, for our future. For me and Sana, and you and Mina. I’m just doing both of us a favor.

Chaeng: But I only get a portion of what you’re earning. Isn’t it unfair?

Tzuyu: You know what, if we’ll get someone to film one of your books, you’ll have a better fortune than I am. That’s a fact, and not just speculation.

Chaeng: Just like what you’d said, “if”.

Tzuyu: Come on, Chaeyoung! Let’s be positive, okay?

Chaeng: Fine! Fine!


***TO BE CONTINUED***


Episode 1       Episode 3


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the updates authornim... Nice Ep.

    ReplyDelete