[eBook] Crush On You Ep. 55 - (A MiChaeng FF Story)


[eBook] Crush On You Ep. 55 - (A MiChaeng FF Story)

Mina's Dad: Why are you in your long sleeves, Hiro?

**Dad asked as he pulls his chair into the dining.**

**Hiro arranged his collar and gulped.**

Mina's Dad: I didn't know we need to wear formal tonight. Is it because of our special guest?

**Dad stared at Chaeyoung and smiled.**

**Mina giggled, then remembered she should not tease her brother in front of Chaeng.**

Mina's Dad: Mina, do you know anything about this?

**Mina shrugged.**

Mina: Maybe...

**Hiro cleared his throat, still fixing his collar.**

Hiro: Mom bought this last week. I just want to try if it fits well.

**Then mom appeared with a platter of seafood in her hands.**

Mina's Mom: I thought you're going to wear that next week? For your meeting?

Hiro: I'm—I'm just trying it out, mom.

Mina: You look great on that. Maybe it's better if you put a tie on it. Right, Chaeng?

**She teased.**

**Chaeyoung was smiling at how bewildered Mina's mom and dad are.**

Chaeng: Right! Right! Better pair it with a cherry-colored tie or something alike.

**Chaeng doesn't have an idea why Hiro was acting weird since the time she stepped into their house.**

Mina: Yeah! I agree!

**Then she tapped Chaeng's arm several times.**

Mina: Believe her. She's a fashion expert.

**Chaeng giggled, and side glanced Mina.**

Hiro: You think so? But I don't have a cherry tie.

**He turned to his mom.**

Mina's Mom: Fine, honey1 I'll check the store tomorrow and find you something like that.

Mina's Dad: Why don't you buy me a new one, too? I kind of need it for next week's conference.

Mina's Mom: This is how we are here, Chaeyoung. These two men are like babies. I'm still the one responsible for the clothes they wear.

Hiro: Mom!

**He slouched on his seat.**

Mina's Mom: I'm just telling the truth, son.

Hiro: Why don't we eat now? I'm starving.

**He doesn't want mom to speak more. She might say something that will make him want to shrink from his seat.**

Mina's Mom: Okay! Okay!

**Then mom picked up the platter of raw fish and offered it to Chaeng.**


Mina's Mom: Why don't you try this, honey? The guy from the market told me that hose fish just arrived early this morning.

**Just by looking at it, Chaeng could already affirm that every cut of the fish on the platter is fresh, which instantly made her want to pick one.**

**She grabbed the platter and stared at it. Having a hard time choosing which one to get.**

Mina: Have this one.

**She pointed at the pale-colored cut with her chopsticks.**

Mina: You'll love it.

Chaeng: Oh... okay.

**Then she pulled three of it, and another of the darker colored one before she put it back in the middle of the table.**

Mina: We're going back to Korea, mom, dad.

**Chaeng almost spit the one she just dunked in her mouth.**

**Shit! Is this how she planned it? Just say it all of a sudden? Chaeng thought.**

**But even though Mina said it out of the blue, it seemed like no one got surprised about it. As if mom and dad were waiting for her to drop the thing on the table.**

Mina's Dad: Hmm... shouldn't we need to discuss it first before you make a decision?

Mina: We already know who did it, and I don't see any reason for me to confine myself here. I have more important things to do mom, dad.

**Dad nodded before he met mom's eyes.**

Mina's Mom: I'm still afraid of this. I mean, both of you are still too young for controversies. Well, it's not that I don't trust you and Chaeyoung. It's just, I don't trust those people who have so much time to destroy you.

**Mina could feel that she's braver now. Like she doesn't care anymore if people will throw shit on her. She's no longer scared, especially now that Chaeng had already proven that she'll do everything for her. Like following her wherever she is.**

Mina: Mom, I know I'm still young, and I'll forever need you by my side. But this time, I know I can handle it.


**She turned to Chaeng as if telling everyone at the table that she can now handle everything because of the girl sitting beside her.**

**Chaeng doesn't know what to say, but seeing Mina staring at her gives her confidence to speak up.**

Chaeng: Uhm... we had mistakes, and uh... I know this is the prize we get from all of it. So... maybe it's also better if we face it together, sir... ma'am.

**Her heart's flutters and it's uncontrollable. So, she tried to pause at every phrase to keep her voice stable.**

**Chaeng wants to grab Mina's hand. She needs to feel her. She needs more assurance and comfort.**

Chaeng: And uh... I promise to protect her. Whatever it might cost me.

**No one spoke for a full minute. They were all just staring at the two weighing every single word that they've said.**

**Mina's thinking about moving her seat closer to Chaeng. She wants to intertwine her arm to hers, so her lover won't feel she's alone in this.**

**Dad let out a short smile before he spoke.**

Mina's Dad: I'm glad you two know now what to do, and that's not to leave each other's side. People will keep on talking and speculating, but what's important is you two sticking to each other no matter what.

Mina's Mom: Just promise me one thing Chaeyoung.

**She paused, waiting for Chaeng to say something.**

Chaeng: Yes, ma'am?

Mina's Mom: Protect my daughter.

**Chaeng smiled and nodded. She could feel something warm inside her. Shit! Am I going to cry? She asked.**

**No, please Chaeyoung! Contain yourself! If you want to cry, just leave it inside and let it out later. Not the best time to be emotional. Please.**

Mina's Dad: Good! Why don't we eat now and enjoy the food, since you two will fly back to Korea tomorrow?

Chaeng: I wish we have this in Korea.

**She pointed at the raw fish again.**

Chaeng: This is so much better than what we have there.

**Mom's lips crooked.**

Mina's Mom: Visit us here more often, okay? It's not a request. I'm telling you both!

**Mina giggled. She's glad to know that her parents finally embraced the existence of Chaeyoung in their family.**


***TO BE CONTINUED***


Episode 54       Episode 56


No comments:

Post a Comment