Coffee and Letters Ep. 40 - (A MiChaeng FF Story feat. SaTzu)


Coffee and Letters Ep. 40 - (A MiChaeng FF Story)

Sana: Uhm… is Mina there?

**Sana asked after seeing Tzuyu behind the door. She has little idea that Chaeng’s best friend is still at Mina’s house even though several days after rescuing her already passed.**

Tzuyu: Hmm… you said you’ll come back sooner after you left the other day. I waited for you, and you didn’t come. I almost drove back home, you know.

**She’s not smiling at her. Instead, she’s wearing a poker face and her tone is flat.**

Sana: Sorry, I just had urgent matters at the office. I want to ditch some of my meetings, but I just can’t.

**She shook her head, and stared back at the girl who’s now leaning at the frame of the gate, smiling. She rolled her eyes in disbelief.**

Sana: Did I just explain myself to you?

Tzuyu: You did.

**Tzuyu squinted and stifled a laugh.**

Tzuyu: Anyway, why don’t you come inside. Let’s have coffee first?

**Sana snorted.**

Tzuyu: Why? Am I getting on your nerves now?

**Her smile is still broad, but her palms were sweating, and her heart’s fluttering.**

Sana: Kinda.

**She answered without looking at her.**

Tzuyu: Oh. That hurts. Okay, if you don’t want to have coffee with me, just say it. Then I won’t bother asking again.

**She straightened up, holding the back of the door. Then, to her surprise, Sana shoved her on her shoulder and entered the house. She followed her with her eyes before she shrugs.**

Tzuyu: I knew it.

Sana: Make sure your coffee is as tasty as how Mina or Ryujin makes it. Or else this will be the first and the last.

**She shouted from the door with her back facing Tzuyu.**

Tzuyu: Oooh… I like that. She knows what she wants.

**She said under her breath, smiling.**

*****


Atty. Min: Take a seat, Ms. Myoui, Ms. Son. I’ll just get the documents. I already reviewed it many times and even discuss Ms. Myoui’s conditions with Atty. Leeteuk. They seemed to agree with everything you suggested, Ms. Myoui.

**He said as he retrieved the papers in his drawer, while Mina and Chaeng sat side by side in front of his table.**

Mina: They agreed to everything, Atty.?

**Atty. Min finally laid the documents in front of the two, and Mina fetched it immediately.**

Atty. Min: They did. I’m actually surprised that Atty. Leeteuk didn’t argue with everything I’ve relayed to him.

**He chuckled, shaking his head.**

Atty. Min: It’s the first time someone just agreed to everything I’ve said. It’s like he just wrote every single correction I pointed out from his documents. No objections. Just nothing.


**He paused as his two clients review the papers.**

**The two scrutinize every line on the paper. One bullet says he will pay one million dollars for everything he had caused Chaeng. Another bullet states he agrees to keep his distance at the two, and will even stay in Canada for good since they will put a red flag on his passport. It will be impossible for him to pass the immigration if he’ll insist to come back. That condition is the best thing that Mina read on the paper.**

Mina: I like this one.

**She pointed at the bullet that prohibits Bam from coming back to their town, and Chaeng nodded instantaneously. She smiled at it, too. It’s the only thing that she wants from this settlement—to keep Bam away from them and all the people in their lives.**

**Mina lifted her head again and faced Atty. Min.**

Mina: I like how they covered everything we need, Atty.

**Then she turned to Chaeng and waited for her to finish reading everything.

Mina: What do you think?

**Chaeng nodded, still reading it carefully before she raised her head and gaze at her.**

Chaeng: Hmm… you’re right. They covered everything we need.

**Both of them turned to Atty. Min, who’s waiting for them patiently behind his desk with a pen on his right.**

Mina: What if they failed to follow one of the bullets?

Atty. Min: Regarding that, if he cannot keep his distance or breach the no contact agreement then we can file a complaint and he will get arrested immediately. No further question about that.

**Mina nodded and smiled at the idea of how easy it is to arrest Bam if he makes a wrong move again.**

Mina: Hmm… that’s what we need, Atty. Assurance that he’ll never come near us again.

Atty. Min: I have confidence that he’ll not commit something wrongful against you, Ms. Myoui, Ms. Son. The way they laid everything on the documents only means they’re avoiding being in jail again. Well…

**He leaned forward with his arms resting on his desk.**

Atty. Min: I heard his father will not help him with this case. I’m thinking that’s the reason they wanted a settlement. Because if we further push the case to court, his father won’t allow him to enter Canada ever again.

**He leaned his back again to seat and shrugged.**

Atty. Min: But I’m not sure if that’s really the case. It’s just a rumor circulating in the station, and Atty. Leeteuk didn’t answer me when I asked him about that thing.


**Chaeng squeezed Mina’s thigh after hearing about the rumor that Atty. Min gathered from the station. So, it’s real that his father abandoned him because of what had happened. Because of what he did to her.**

Atty. Min: Anyway, let me know when we can arrange a meeting with Atty. Leeteuk, so I could inform him sooner.

Mina: Can we bring this with us, Atty.? We’ll read it again and I’ll call you before the day ends. Is that okay with you? I guess we need to scrutinize it once more in case we missed something. And we also need to discuss this thing thoroughly.

Atty. Min: Sure, Ms. Myoui. No problem. You can have that with you since I still have a copy with me here.

Mina: Thank you, Atty. I guess we have to go now. Let’s discuss this again later, okay?

**Mina stood up, which instantly pushed Chaeng to his feet, too.**

Atty. Min: All right, Ms. Myoui. I’ll wait for your call.

**Then the two headed to the door, holding the documents that bear the agreement between the two parties.**

*****


Sana: Eh? How’d you do this?

**Sana exclaimed after she sipped the coffee that Tzuyu prepared for her. They were at the kitchen nook and sitting side by side.**

Sana: How does it taste like Mina’s coffee?

Tzuyu: Well, as far as I know, I’m a fast learner. Ryujin taught me how to do it. And after several tries, Mina approved it and even asked me to work at the coffee shop.

**She winked and ended it with a smug.**

**Sana rolled her eye and then gaze at the steaming coffee in her hand.**

Sana: You know what I don’t like about you.

**Tzuyu gazed at her and released the smug on her face.**

Sana: You’re too confident. You’re so full of yourself. Like you know no one will ever resist you.

**She set down the cup on the table and reeled at Tzuyu, who’s still staring at her—deadpan.**

Sana: Sorry.

**She immediately whirled back to her coffee, regretting the words she just said. She should just keep it to herself instead of voicing it out.**

Sana: I didn’t mean to… you know, make it sound like that.

**Then she heard Tzuyu sigh. And in her peripheral, she saw her reeled in their front.**

Tzuyu: It’s all right.

**Tzuyu’s voice is still the same, firm.**

Tzuyu: You just said the things running in your head, and there’s nothing wrong with that. It wasn’t the first time I got that comment, so you don’t need to feel sorry about it.


**She clasped her cup of coffee and rested her arms on the table. And Sana leaned back and gazed at her.**

Sana: Still… I shouldn’t have said that. Maybe… maybe we just had an awful start. I mean, you asked me out so early.

**Tzuyu chuckled before pushing herself to face Sana again.**

Tzuyu: I’m sorry about that.

Sana: I’m sorry, too. You know, for being so rude and all.

Tzuyu: So… are we going to start again? I mean, pretend that this is the first time we meet each other. This time, I won’t ask you out. I promise.

**Sana laughed and picked up her cup again to take a sip.**

Tzuyu: What?

Sana: You know what, it still sounded as if you’re asking me out.

Tzuyu: Really?

Sana: Uh-huh.

**Sana looked at her and smiled. It was the first time she stared at her this close ‘cause whenever they get the chance to talk, she’s either looking at something else or just not paying attention. But this time, she didn’t allow her eyes to wander into somewhere else.**

**There’s no doubt she’s pretty. She thought. Then she remembered the first time they met. Looking at her made her uncomfortable and even found her intimidating. And until now, she couldn’t understand why. But today is a different day for her. She could now look straight into her eyes, and her body’s no longer rigid. She even finds this moment with her relaxing.**

Tzuyu: Maybe because I really want to have dinner with you?

**Tzuyu said in a low voice, and it was the first time Sana heard her talk like that. Soft and warm.**

Sana: Why? I mean, aren’t city girls more appealing than country girls?

Tzuyu: Oh, is that the reason you’re not saying yes to my invitation?

**Sana whirled and avoided Tzuyu’s gaze.**

Sana: Uhm… not really.

Tzuyu: Then why?

**She lowered her head to peer at her.**

Sana: I don’t know.

**She whispered, and Tzuyu didn’t almost catch it.**

Sana: I guess it’s just.

**She hesitated.**

Tzuyu: It’s just?

Sana: It’s just so difficult to look at you and be next to you. It isn’t something I could even explain to myself.

**Tzuyu smiled, still peering at her.**

Sana: And please stop staring at me, okay?

**She whispered. Then a sudden heat on her cheeks sped up.**

**Oh shit! Am I blushing? She turned away and tried to control her breathing.**

**Tzuyu bit her lips to suppress her smile and then looked away. She understands now what’s going on.**


Tzuyu: Okay. Just give me your answer when you’re ready. I don’t mind waiting. I’ll leave you my number in case you need more time to think and I’m already in the city.

**The last part on Tzuyu’s premise suddenly made Sana down. Already in the city? She thought.**

Sana: When do you plan to drive back to the city?

Tzuyu: Hmm… two days from now? This is not part of my plan, you know. I also have a business to run. Though I know my parents will understand why I’m here, I still don’t want to be away that long.

Sana: Then why do we even need to go out? If you don’t have plans to stay here for long? I mean…

**She stopped. It even surprised her to hear herself say those things. As if she’s expecting her to stay for good or even for a couple of weeks or whatsoever.**

Tzuyu: Oh… is that the thing that bothers you?

**Sana didn’t answer. She’d talked a lot already, and she no longer wants to explain herself or anything.**

Tzuyu: If that’s what bothers you, no need for you to think about that. I’ll figure something out. I promise.

Sana: It’s five long hours. How will you figure that out?

Tzuyu: It’s just five hours. Might be long, but I don’t mind driving that far.

**She smiled and pulled Sana’s chin up with her index. She still has one thing to say, but immediately forgets about it when their distance got close. Sana’s trembling, and she could feel it on her finger. But instead of letting go, she kept it there while she leans forward and close their distance.**

Tzuyu: Oh shit!

**She exclaimed before Sana and her lips meet.**

Chaeng: I’m sorry… I—I didn’t mean, you know.

**Chaeng was standing at the entrance of the kitchen when Tzuyu was about to close her eyes and savor her moment with Sana. And Sana immediately hid her face with her both hands when she heard that familiar voice.**

**Tzuyu stood up from her seat and smiled sarcastically.**

Tzuyu: Nice timing, huh?

Mina: Oh… everyone’s here.

**Mina said as she appeared behind Chaeng.**

Mina: Something… something wrong?

**Mina looked at Tzuyu, and then at Chaeng before she noticed Sana was sitting at her kitchen nook. So what’s exactly is going on? She wants to ask.**

Chaeng: Sorry.

**She whispered and pressed her lips.**


***TO BE CONTINUED***


Episode 39     Episode 41


5 comments:

  1. Thank you Authornim for this wonderful Ep.and for your hardwork and efforts.Have a good Dinner.Bon Appetit...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an good imagination HAHAHA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the update Authornim..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waiting for the next part 41

    ReplyDelete