Coffee and Letters Ep. 36 - (A MiChaeng FF Story)


Coffee and Letters Ep. 36 - (A MiChaeng FF Story)

**Mina woke up even before her alarm scream in her bedside table. There’s nothing more important today than to pick her lover up in the hospital and bring her a cup of coffee.**

Ryujin: Isn’t it still early?

**Ryujin said as she climbed at the nook and laid the side of her head on her arm.**

Mina: Why did you get up already? It’s still early. Go back to sleep.

**Mina said behind her kitchen counter, frying an egg to her right, and toasting some bread on her left. She raised her head to check Ryujin if she’s now in the mood to ingest something. She smiled and shook her head.**

Mina: Go back to bed, Ryujin. I need you to be well today since I’m going to pick Chaeng up at the hospital.

**Ryujin abruptly raised her head with wide eyes. That premise awoken all the cells in her body.**

Ryujin: You mean, it’s okay for her to go home now? For real?

**Mina smiled gigantically that it hid both of her eyes.**

Mina: Uh-huh. And she’ll be staying here with me. So, I need you to work on something, okay?

Ryujin: Can I go with you?

**She raised her own question. Instead of answering her sister.**

Mina: Nope. ‘Cause I need you to do something for me.

Ryujin: Hey! That’s unfair.

**Mina stopped at stuffing the French toasts on the plastic container and eyed her sister, who’s now more energetic than she is.**

Mina: I need you to bring all her things from the hotel here. Well, you don’t need to do it yourself. Just call someone from the hotel to bring it here, okay?

Sana: Good morning! Why is everyone up this early?

**Just like Ryujin when she first appeared at the kitchen, Sana is also dragging herself, and rubbing her eyes.**

Mina: I’m not sure about you two, but I have a business today.

**Then she reeled back to Ryujin to get her answer.**

Ryujin: Okay, I got it.

Mina: Good.

Sana: Can I have that French toast?

Mina: Hmm… nah. I’ll bring this to Chaeng. I’ll just make you another one.

Sana: Oh… okay.

Mina: Aren’t you going to the office today?

**Sana yawned and dropped into her seat. Both she and Ryujin were lying in the nook. And Mina still couldn’t understand why these two got up from bed just to lie at the nook while she’s preparing breakfast for Chaeng.**

Sana: Nah!

**She said hoarsely.**


Mina: Okay then. Just rest here, okay. You better fix yourself ‘cause your future girlfriend will be here, too, when I come back.

**That comment instantaneously pulled Sana to her feet. She heard it again, future girlfriend. Why is everyone thinking that it will happen?**

Sana: Minaaaaa! You too think that it’s possible for me to have a girlfriend? You know… you know I’m not into…

Mina: Girls.

**Then plops from the plastic container overpowered her voice. Everything’s ready now, except for the coffee. She whirled to her right and checked her coffee machine. Three minutes flashes on its led indicator.**

Ryujin: Why not? She’s pretty. If she’ll tell me I’m her future girlfriend, I’ll be ecstatic about it.

Sana: You, too? What’s up with you people? Not because she’s pretty, it’s okay to have a coffee or dinner with her, you know.

Mina: So, you’ll say no to her, if she’ll invite you?

**Sana sighed, surrendering to the two.**

Sana: The thing is, she... she invited me already. Last night, when we’re driving to the hospital.

**Again, Ryujin got up from the nook.**

Ryujin: Did you say yes?

**Sana hunched down and rested her chin on her lying hands on the table.**

Sana: No. I mean, I haven’t given my answer yet.

Mina: Take your time. But you’ll definitely say yes to her. Don’t you?

Sana: Hey! What makes you think I will? And I guess she also thinks I will.

**Mina leaned forward.**

Mina: ‘Cause if you won’t, you’ve already given her the answer she needs.

**Then Sana hid her now crimson face from everyone.**

*****


Detective Park: I’m glad this case ended so well. I mean, we got the guy, and Ms. Son is perfectly safe now.

**He said with a steaming coffee in his hand, and stretching his neck, releasing the tension in his body. Both he and Detective Manoban spent the night in the station to complete their report. But they’re far from closing it yet. That’s what Detective Manoban said last night after they interrogated Bam.**

Detective Manoban: You know what I’m afraid of about this case? If they plea that he is mentally incapable of deciding what’s harmful or not. If they’ll get a medical report from his psychiatrist that will prove that he is, Ms. Son will not get the justice she deserves. Besides, she’s still alive, which will make the sentence lesser, right?


**Detective Park slammed his table with the border of his left fist, and his coffee splattered on his pants as his body jerked from it.**

Detective Park: I hate this system. They prefer seeing people die than preventing losing lives. If they’ll give him a lesser sentence, in no time, he’ll just do the same thing when he gets out of the prison. And that means another life will be in danger.

**Detective Manoban got up from her feet and leaned at Detective Park’s table.**

Detective Manoban: I know, Jin. I know. We’re risking our lives to get these guys in prison. But the system… the system calls themselves just and fair. Sometimes I no longer believe that this system protects our people. Our innocent people. Rather, they’re protecting the bad guys. You know.

**She sipped her coffee while Detective Park slouched on his seat again and closed his eyes.**

Detective Manoban: Get up now, Jin. We need to see Ms. Son. We need her official statement. It’s the strongest evidence we’ll have on this case.

**She sets down her cup beside the monitor on her table. Resting isn’t their thing. Every single tick of the clock matters.**

Detective Manoban: And please watch your temper, Jin. I don’t want us to have problems with that. Okay?

**Detective Park got up from his feet and followed Detective Manoban before he answered.**

Detective Park: I’ll try, but I can’t promise you anything.

**Detective Manoban whirled, which ceased Detective Park from walking.**

Detective Manoban: I’m not asking, Jin. I’m sure you know that.

*****


Mina: Hey!

**Mina greeted when she ducked her head at the door, seeing Chaeng already sitting up straight on her bed and wearing a bright smile.**

Chaeng: Hey! You’re early.

Mina: Yeah. Remember, I promised you I’ll bring you coffee today? And…

**She pulled two plastic containers from her lunch bag while walking towards her bed.**

Mina: And… I brought breakfast, too. For you two.

**She handed the two containers to Chaeng and Tzuyu. And Tzuyu’s eyes brightened up instantly when the scrambled egg and toast under its clear lid greeted her.**

Tzuyu: Wow! So much better than hospital food, eh?

Chaeng: Incomparable. Come on, taste it. You won’t ever think of going back to the city again, I’m telling you.

**Mina slapped her on her arm, who’s now sitting at her side, and squinted at her.**

Chaeng: What? I’m just telling the truth.

Mina: It’s just a toast, you know. Nothing is special about it.


**Chaeng smiled and leaned forward to kiss her on her lips. Its Mina’s warm breath that excites her to wake up, and not the coffee nor the breakfast she’s carrying with her.**

**Mina blushed instantly, well aware of Tzuyu’s presence, sitting at the couch and staring at them.**

Tzuyu: Do you want me to eat outside, instead? It feels like I’m a disturbance. You know.

**She said nonchalantly.**

Chaeng: Sorry.

**She rolled her eyes and cringed her nose. Mina pulled the plastic container in her lap and opened it with a pop.**

Mina: Here. Better eat everything before we go home.

Chaeng: Oh… I’m allowed to go home already?

Mina: Yeah, that’s what the doctor said last night. And you’ll no longer stay at the hotel. I asked Ryujin to bring all your things to my house today. You’ll be staying with me for as long as you want, okay?

**It surprised her that Mina already planned everything for her. That she’ll no longer stay at the hotel. And that all her things will be in her house even before the hospital releases her.**

Mina: What? You don’t like my plan?

**Chaeng shoved her startled reaction about Mina’s plan.**

Chaeng: No, not really. I’m just surprised that you fixed everything already.

**That I no longer need to think about anything. Very convenient for me, eh? She thought.**

Mina: Well, if… if you don’t like my plan, just let me know. We’ll arrange something better for you.

Chaeng: No, of course. I love your plan. I would love to stay in your place. I just couldn’t believe that it will be sooner, you know.

**Mina smiled and stroked her jawline with the back of her index.**

Mina: I love you. I know it’s soon. But I really do.

**Chaeng’s heart ceased from beating. Might be because her breathing was the first one that stopped after hearing Mina said those words. It’s not that she’s not feeling the same, but hearing it unexpectedly makes it so endearing.**

Chaeng: I… I love you, too, Mina. And I don’t regret loving you, I hope you won’t forget that.

**Mina pulled herself towards Chaeng, who willingly pulled her close to her. Feeling her body against hers makes this breakfast even better.**

Mina: I won’t.

**Then a soft knock broke the two from their embrace. It was the two detectives who emerged at the door.**

Mina: Good morning, Detective.

**No one expected the two detectives will appear this early. But their presence is the most important thing for them right now.**


**Mina stood up and sat beside Tzuyu, who’s still nibbling the toast in her lap.**

Detective Manoban: Good morning. Sorry if we drive here this early.

Mina: It’s fine, Detective.

**Detective Manoban nodded and stood at the foot of the bed. Detective Park standing beside her. Both of them still wear the suits they wore last night.**

Detective Manoban: You feel better now, Ms. Son?

Chaeng: Uhm… yes, officer. I think even my memory is better now.

Detective Park: That’s good news, Ms. Son. We need your statement to further strengthen your case with Bam.

**Mina stood up again from her seat and walked closer to Chaeng.**

Mina: Why, detective? You think he’ll get away from this? I mean, it’s clear what he did to Chaeng, but why does it sound like he’ll not get the punishment he deserves?

Detective Manoban: It’s because they can plea to the court that he’s mentally incapable of thinking what’s right and wrong, Ms. Myoui. But we’re not in the right position to tell you everything. I guess your lawyer will enlighten you about this. And we know this isn’t something good for Ms. Son, but that’s just how things are.

**Mina took a deep breath with her fists clenching on her side. It’s not something good for Chaeng. She repeated.**

**Chaeng reached for Mina’s hand and squeezed it. Mina reeled to her with sharp eyes.**

Chaeng: It’s okay. I’ll give them everything they need to know.

**Then she turned to the two detectives, still holding Mina’s hand.**

Chaeng: Is it okay to see him? I mean, I need to ask him something.

Mina: Something? What’s that?

Chaeng: Well, when we were at the cabin, he kept on mentioning that he has a secret that he wants to tell me. That it will even surprise me if I’ll get the chance to hear it. Unfortunately, it didn’t happen. Maybe… maybe if we’ll see each other again, he’ll tell me all about it.

**The two detectives eyed each other.**

Chaeng: I guess there’s nothing wrong if I’ll ask him about that, right? Detective?

**Detective Manoban has a feeling that it’s something to do with his past crimes, if ever this isn’t the first time, he did this.**

Detective Manoban: We can arrange something for you, Ms. Son. If he’ll confess in something more gruesome, then we can use it to further strengthen your case with him.

**Chaeng nodded. She doesn’t want to hear his gruesome stories. But if that means putting him in jail, she’ll try to digest every single bit of it. She thought.**


***TO BE CONTINUED***


Episode 35       Episode 37


6 comments:

  1. Miss Sora 👌... addicted 🥂

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm positvie Bam caused the accident a year ago. He really is a psychopath!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for a nice update author😊😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes im sure too his the reason behind jeongyeon accident...
    and maybe chae parents too... arghh,i him more than ever...
    more michaeng moments please..thanks...fighting
    thanks for a very goodnight stories love it....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the update Authornim..loved this chapter a lot

    ReplyDelete
  6. Author-nim thank you so much foe the better episodes.. btw stream kura kura.. Looking forward for the next better episode..

    ReplyDelete