Coffee and Letters Ep. 37 - (A MiChaeng FF Story)


Coffee and Letters Ep. 37 - (A MiChaeng FF Story)

**Recollecting her memory is like reliving her moment at the cabin. And doing so brought her back to the state that she couldn’t move her body. Like her bones just vanished and her muscles were like jellies that just wobble whenever someone pinches it.**

**She let out a broad smile after Detective Manoban’s last question. She’s hiding everything underneath it. The unfathomable horror, the pain, and the shivering in her body. That smile isn’t for everyone, it’s mostly for convincing herself that everything is all right now. That no one will hurt her anymore. That’s what she’s playing in her head.**

**Chaeng’s eyes widened as Mina pulled her car at the side of a two-story house. Isn’t it too big for someone living alone? Or even if you have a partner and don’t have kids yet, it’s still an enormous house. She thought.**

**Glasses covered almost half of it. But even though the house mainly used glistening glass to make it stand, you won’t be able to see anything inside. It’s dark from the outside.**

Chaeng: You… you live here alone?

**She asked, standing in front of the wrought metal gate surrounding the property.**

Mina: Uhm… yeah. But sometimes I ask Ryujin to accompany me. I’m thinking of selling it though. Too big for me, I guess.

**Then she entered the gate before Chaeng. Chaeng remained standing outside, still awed by how gorgeous the house in front of her is.**

Tzuyu: If I am Mina, I won’t sell this thing. It’s beautiful and look at the view, it’s perfect.

**Indeed, the view around the house is breath-taking. The sun rises at its back, trees are everywhere, and what catches Chaeng’s attention is the mountain standing behind it. The serenity is overpowering and so perfect for creating a new story to write.**

Chaeng: Me either. Well, that is, if I have the money to buy one, you know.

Tzuyu: Well, you don’t have to. It’s like you’ve won the lottery already.

**Chaeng tilted her head towards Tzuyu with her mouth hanging in midair. She said it again, winning the lottery.**

Tzuyu: Ooops! Okay. I’m just saying you’re a commoner living in a filthy house, while she’s a princess living in a castle.

Chaeng: Oh my gosh, Tzuyu! Did you just insult me?

**Tzuyu shrugged and walked towards the house before she said something again.**

Tzuyu: Let’s go, my commoner.

Chaeng: I hate you!

*****


Ryujin: Your future girlfriend is here.

**Ryujin whispered beside Sana, who’s arranging the utensils at the dining table. She felt Sana’s elbow nudged her side, not daring to look at her.**


Ryujin: Ouch!

Sana: Shhh!

Mina: Wow! Did you two cook these?

**Mina exclaimed when she emerged at the dining with Tzuyu and Chaeyoung sauntering behind her.**

**There are several platters lying on the table bearing different colors of sauces, vegetables, and sliced fruits.**

Ryujin: I did.

Sana: I helped.

**She boasts.**

 **Mina’s left brow arched and smiled teasingly. Both she and Ryujin have little faith in Sana’s palate. And Ryujin stifled a laugh ‘cause she understood what Mina meant about that smile.**

Ryujin: Why don’t we take our seat now? What do you all think?

Tzuyu: That’s great. Sorry, my stomach is already having its revolution inside.

**Sana stifled a smile at Tzuyu’s reference. And though her eyes were wondering at something else, her other senses were watching Tzuyu from a distance.**

**Everyone took their seat. Sana at the left side of the table, and Tzuyu sat opposite her. Ryujin took the seat on Sana’s right, while Chaeng pulled the chair opposite her and in the middle of Tzuyu and Mina.**

Ryujin: I’m going to miss making you breakfast at the hotel.

**She said as she filled her plate with a mashed potato.**

**Indeed, Chaeng will also miss sitting at the corner of the café, where she made an invisible imprint that it’s hers. With her brief stay at the hotel, it looks like everyone already understood that the space at the left side of the entrance is hers ‘cause even though the café is busy and guests were flooding at the floor, no one is daring to occupy it.**

Chaeng: Well, I can still have my breakfast there.

**She tilted at Mina, who’s now filling her plate with asparagus and carrots.**

Chaeng: Right?

**Mina nodded and smiled lopsidedly.**

Mina: Of course. If you think you write better at the hotel, then we can drive to the hotel together. Or if you find the scenery here more inspiring, then you can also choose to stay here. If you like. Whichever you prefer would be fine with me.

**Chaeng bit her lips while Mina sets down the platter at the table. Fighting the urge to get close to her is harder than forgetting the horror of her terrifying experience.**

Chaeng: Maybe I’ll do both, you know.

Mina: Oh, that’s a great idea.

**Her eyes glistened as she smiles at her lover.**

**Then someone cleared a throat which separated their gaze from each other.**

Tzuyu: I like how you cooked this asparagus.

**Tzuyu does not know who made the buttered vegetable that she first dug in. All she wanted is to tease Chaeng by breaking her moment with her newfound love.**


Ryujin: Thank you. It’s one of bests in our menu at the hotel.

Tzuyu: Oh, you made this?

**Her forehead creased. This kid knows how to cook? She thought.**

Tzuyu: I thought…

**She shifted her eyes from Ryujin to Sana, but then dropped whatever things she’s about to say.**

Sana: I don’t cook. I’m bad at it, and that’s the truth.

**Sana interjected, eyes on the stake she’s slicing with her knife.**

Tzuyu: I know how to fry eggs and dial my phone for delivery.

**Her eyes not leaving Sana, while Sana’s suppressing her laughter on her plate.**

Chaeng: Don’t dare to impress us. You don’t do the calling. Your secretary does the job for you.

Tzuyu: Well, at least the idea came from me, you know.

**Chaeng rolled eyes and went back to her plate, while Ryujin and Mina giggled in chorus. Sana’s still in the side fighting her stake with her knife, but listening at their every word.**

*****


**Sana received a call from her secretary after lunch. She still wants to stay with everyone and rest, but her secretary said it’s urgent. There’s some document that she needs to sign and even have an urgent meeting with the board. So she has no other choice but to slip herself out of Mina’s house and just come back when she settles everything in her plate.**

**Tzuyu went straight to the guestroom after she finished the dishes. She has no business in the living room anymore, since Sana went out to attend on some stuff. It’s not that she doesn’t want to talk to Ryujin or Mina or her best friend Chaeng, it’s just, she also needs a rest. Her sleep last night was as shallow as the water in her mother’s pond.**

**While Ryujin will still stay with her sister. Rest is also the only thing she wants to do the entire day. Or maybe call the girl behind the cash register at the bookstore. She’s still weighing which one to do first.**

**Then there’s Chaeng staring at the photo hanged at Mina’s bedroom wall. So, this is her, Jeong. She thought as she gazed at Jeong and Mina smiling at the camera in front of them.**

**They’re both showing their broad smile with Jeong’s right arm wrapping Mina’s shoulder. They were on a mountain trail. Wearing khaki shorts, boots, and backpacks.**

**Then Mina came out from the restroom. She’s now wearing her tees and shorts.**

Mina: Uhm… sorry. I… I haven’t removed it yet.

Chaeng: Oh… that’s fine. You don’t have to remove it.


**Her smile is genuine. She understands now that Jeong is not a competition. She’s part of Mina’s life. Of Mina’s past. She thought.**

Chaeng: Anyway, I thought you’re not into adventures.

Mina: Hmm, that. Someone just invited us to hike. It’s just a day hike, and the trails were just a clean path. So, both of us joined in.

**Then Mina pulled Chaeng by the shoulder and rested her arms on it. Chaeng smiled, and wrapped her arms against her waist, right thumb tracing Mina’s spine. **

Chaeng: Why does it feel like we’ve been away from each other for so long? It didn’t even last a day, right? I mean, Bam, confining me in that cabin?

**The memory of the cabin flashed back again in her head. It makes her shiver. But since Mina is clasping her in her arms, she’s still convinced that she’s in a safe place.**

Mina: Why does it sound like it doesn’t horrify you? I’m sorry, it’s not that I don’t want you to feel better. But I’m just wondering why you’re acting as if nothing happened.

**Chaeng gulped heavily. It horrifies her. Big-time. She couldn’t even find the right position to sleep last night. Everything flashes in front of her every single minute. But telling people what she had gone through won’t make any difference. Well, that’s what she believes in.**

Chaeng: It horrifies me. Thinking about that day at that place horrifies me. But speaking about it won’t change anything. I know this will pass. It will. If I keep on telling you or anyone everything, it will only keep on reliving inside me. And… and that’s what I’m avoiding right now. I don’t want to relive it. I don’t want to see it again. I want it to be gone. And I want to forget it.

**Mina didn’t say a word. She just stared at Chaeng while she caresses her left thumb with her right at the back of Chaeng’s neck.**

Chaeng: I’m… I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to sound like that.

**Mina shook her head, though her expression is still the same, nothing.**

Mina: Shouldn’t I be the one saying sorry? I’m trying to sound so concerned, but I guess I ended up being insensitive, instead.

**Chaeng pulled her more.**

Chaeng: It’s not true. Honestly, I understand it. I understand you. I rarely spoke about it at the hospital and even tried to divert everyone’s attention into something else. I guess I just don’t want to be a burden to you, or to anyone.


**She pulled her hand from Mina’s back and brushed off her cheeks with her thumb.**

Chaeng: Right now, what’s important is, you’re here, and I’m here. And I’m hoping to live forever with that.

**Mina suddenly feels heat on her cheeks and her eyes got blurry. She swallowed, but the lump in her throat didn’t go away. No. This isn’t a time for me to cry. She thought.**

Chaeng: Hey!

**Then the next thing Mina knows is her tears were already falling. She’s crying, and she does not know if it’s because of the words she heard from Chaeng. Or because she’s the reason for all the trouble that her lover had.**

Chaeng: Shhhh!

**She wiped Mina’s tears with her thumb, and she let her lips stayed on that part for a moment.**

Chaeng: Can we be… can we be happy now? I mean, at least I’m here now. Hugging you and kissing you. Can we savor that? They already have Bam, and I’m sure the officers will help us to keep him in jail until we face him in court.

**Mina nodded, still sobbing. Chaeng’s right. She thought. At least they’re together.**

Mina: All right. We’ll do our best to be happy.

**Then she leaned forward and sealed her words by kissing Chaeng, which Chaeng gladly took.**

**Chaeng’s been dying to have that kiss even before they rescued her in that room. She’d been imagining Mina pulling her close to her, smelling her breath, and feeling her warm lips against hers. That thing kept her alive. That thing gave her strength to believe that someone will come and rescue her.**

**She pulled away from Mina, though Mina’s also hungry for her lips and doesn’t want this to end.**

Chaeng: You know what kept me alive?

**Mina shoots her, bewildered.**

Chaeng: Because of this. Because of you. That even if Bam begs me to let you go. Or give me an option to live, but it means leaving you, I’d always choose to die than walking away from you. I know it’s melodramatic. That you only read those things in books. But that’s what I really feel.

**Mina’s tears stream once more. But this time, she didn’t let it stream for nothing. She planted her lips against Chaeng, digging into her inner soul and sucking her breath. I love you. She wants to say, but she’d rather make Chaeng feel it than hear it.**


***TO BE CONTINUED***


Episode 36       Episode 38


4 comments:

  1. Miss Sora...💕 UwU moments 💖💗

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you authornim for this wonderful chapter...iLove it...Your the best��

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow..that was intense..thank you for the update Authornim

    ReplyDelete
  4. great episode, more michaeng scene like this please
    looking forward for the nxt episode

    ReplyDelete