[eBook] Crush On You Ep. 53 - (A MiChaeng FF Story)


[eBook] Crush On You Ep. 53 - (A MiChaeng FF Story)

**The doorbell rang and Hiro creased his forehead immediately. Who visits someone’s house this early? He thought.**

Mina’s Mom: Hiro, who is it?

**Mom shouted from the kitchen.**

Hiro: Not sure, mom! Do you expect someone today?

**He shouted back, still punching the button of his console.**

Mina’s Mom: Son, get the door. Might be something important.

Hiro: Okay, mom!

**Then he pushed the pause button and headed to the door.**

Chaeng: Hello!

Hiro: Chaeyoung!

**He suddenly felt embarrassed ‘cause he remembered he’s only wearing his boxer shorts and a white tee, and he hadn’t combed his hair yet.**

Chaeng: Hiro! Uhm... Is Mina there?

**Of course, Chaeyoung, Mina’s there. What else do you expect? It’s their house. She thought.**

Hiro: Ah... Yeah! Yeah! Come in. Sorry.

**Hiro held the door until Chaeng got inside.**

Hiro: Where’s your luggage?

Chaeng: Oh! I don’t have my luggage with me. I only brought my backpack.

Hiro: O—Okay.

**Then he walked before Chaeng, leading her to their living room.**

Mina’s Mom: Who is it?

**Mom shouted again from the kitchen.**

Hiro: It’s Chaeyoung, mom!

**Hiro shouted back.**

**Doesn’t know if he’ll hide himself with the pillows or behind the couch. This isn’t the right time for Chaeyoung to see him. He thought.**

Hiro: Have a sit. Let me get Mina for you.

**Then he disappeared in a flash, which left Chaeyoung in the living room all alone.**

Mina’s Mom: Chaeyoung?

**Mom doesn’t know if she’s going to believe Hiro or what. So she ran to the living room to see it for herself.**

Mina’s Mom: Chaeyoung!

**She blurted out with a creased forehead.**

**Chaeng stood up immediately and bowed to her.**

Chaeng: Good morning, ma’am.

**She stayed at that position for a moment, feeling sorry for what had happened to all of them.**

**Then she felt mom’s hand on her shoulder.**

Mina’s Mom: Get up! You don’t have to do that.

Chaeng: I—I came to say sorry, ma’am.

**Mom nodded and smiled.**

Mina’s Mom: Have you had your breakfast already?

Chaeng: Not yet.

**She said softly.**

Mina’s Mom: Okay! Why don’t you follow me? I’ll prepare something for you.

**Chaeng lowered her head again to thank her.**

Mina’s Mom: We also need to talk, honey. You need to explain a lot of things. You know.

**Chaeng’s heart fluttered furiously, and her throat went dry instantly.**

**I’m here to talk to Mina, and not... and not to explain everything to her mom. She thought.**

**Does she need to explain to Mina’s mom, too, and not only to Mina?**

**Of course, she knows she needs to apologize, but she didn’t expect this situation.**

*****


Hiro: Mina?

**Hiro knocked on Mina’s door but heard no response. She might be in her headphone, drowning herself to music. Or maybe she’s still asleep since Hiro heard non-stop sob behind her door last night.**

Hiro: Mina?

**He tried to call again.**

Hiro: Chaeyoung’s here.

**He whispered before he gave up and turned his back on Mina’s door.**

**Then he heard the knob clicked.**

Mina: Chaeyoung’s here? Are you serious?


**Mina’s abrupt questions stopped him from walking away.**

Hiro: Yeah! She’s in the living room. I left her there.

Mina: Alone? Or is she with someone?

Hiro: Well, she’s all by herself when I opened the door. I’m guessing she hasn’t gone to her hotel yet ‘cause she’s still carrying her backpack.

**Mina nodded, still wearing a poker face.**

Hiro: so... are you... you know, going to see her?

Mina: I am. I’ll just change.

Hiro: Oh... okay. So see you downstairs.

Mina: All right.

**Then Hiro turned his back towards his sister while Mina just stayed at the door frame thinking about Chaeng.**

**She knows how brave her girlfriend is, but didn’t expect that she’ll fly to Japan, all alone.**

*****


Mina’s Mom: When did you arrive, honey?

**She asked as she transfer the scrambled egg on the plate.**

**Chaeng gulped first before she answered. Her throat is still dry.**

Chaeng: I actually went straight here.

**Mom turned around and looked straight into Chaeng’s eyes, holding the plate she prepared for her.**

Mina’s Mom: Oh. So you haven’t gone to your hotel yet? Is that what you mean?

Chaeng: Yes, ma’am.

**Mom nodded and placed the plate in front of Chaeng.**

Mina’s Mom: Have this.

**Chaeng smiled and picked up her chopsticks.**

Mina’s Mom: So...

**Chaeng stopped and turned her head towards mom.**

Mina’s Mom: Why don’t you explain everything to me?

**Shit! What exactly should I tell her? Does she mean everything? As in everything?**

Chaeng: Uhm...

Mina’s Mom: Why don’t you start with... who did it? I remember Mina said she already knows who filmed that video.

**Chaeng cleared her throat once more. Shit! Should I tell her about Rosie? No, I shouldn’t. If Mina didn’t mention her name, I should do the same.**

Chaeng: Hmm... that. It’s just someone I know. We already talked a couple of days ago and even though she’s so mad at me, she won’t release it to the public.

Mina’s Mom: Mad at you? What have you done to her for her to do that to you? And to Mina? And how sure are you she will not release that thing?

**Those questions got her nervous. She doesn’t know how to answer all of it. She doesn’t even know how to tell Mina’s mom that it’s because someone thought she likes them. But that would mean she’ll also think she’s fooling her daughter, and she’s not.**

Chaeng: I’m not really sure, ma’am. But she said she has no intention of ruining either me or Mina’s image. And even though this thing kind of shaken me, I still want to trust her words for it.

Mina’s Mom: If we’re not sure about that, why don’t we sue that person? Just to make an assurance that they won’t make that thing public. And what did you do to her that made her so mad like this?

Mina: No, mom! We will sue no one. And whatever reason that person has for being so mad at Chaeyoung, can we just leave it to her?

**Mina spoke from behind.**


Mina: And I believe she won’t release it somewhere else. Maybe if it happens, then that’s the only time we’ll file something for her. But for now, I don’t want to do anything about it.

**This is the first time Mina spoke what she thinks and feels. Like she knows what she wants to do about the situation.**

**Mom sighed.**

Mina’s Mom: All right, honey. Why don’t you sit down? I’ll make you your breakfast, too.

Mina: Mom, can Chaeng and I talk for a while?

**She whispered.**

**Mom stared at her for a second.**

Mina’s Mom: Maybe later, honey. Sit down first. Chaeyoung needs to have her breakfast and you, too. And we need to talk about...

**She paused and gazed at Chaeng and then went back to Mina.**

Mina’s Mom: you two.

**Chaeng’s heart flutter and her palms sweat. She couldn’t even hold her chopsticks properly.**

**Mina walked towards the table and sat beside Chaeng, stared at her for a while before she looked straight at her mom’s back.**

Chaeng: Hello.

**Chaeng’s voice was weak, almost cracking.**

**Mina sighed. Why can’t she control herself from talking to Chaeng? Chaeng’s simple hi or hello always makes her go weak.**

**Mina side glanced before she answered back.**

Mina: Hi.

**Then Chaeng nodded once and went back to her plate.**

**It feels awkward sitting next to each other, so both of them kept their silence until mom came back with another plate for Mina.**

Mina’s Mom: I just want to say... It did not shock me when I found out that you two are together. I know there’s something odd between you two. What shocked me is what you did.

**Both of them looked down. Suddenly felt embarrassed with what they did.**

Mina’s Mom: I want to stop you with what you have, but no, I won’t ‘cause I could see how happy you two are with each other. I’m just hoping you two will be more responsible for your actions... next time. You weren’t ordinary girls. People know you, so keep hold of yourself. Or if this thing happens again, I’ll make sure you two won’t see each other again.

**Mina gulped. She could feel her mom’s firm tone, and whenever she talks like this, it only means she really needs to listen.**

Mina: I’m—I’m sorry, mom.

Mina’s Mom: It’s fine, honey. I will let this thing pass.

**Then mom stood up.**

Mina’s Mom: Be careful next time, okay?

**Both of them looked up in unison and nodded.**

Mina’s Mom: Finish that, and I’ll just go to the groceries. I know you have a lot of things to discuss.

**Mom was almost at the door when she spoke again, which startled Mina and Chaeyoung.**

Mina’s Mom: Chaeyoung, why don’t you spend your days here instead of the hotel? I don’t want your parents to think you’re not welcome here. I know they took care of Mina when she spent the holidays at your house. So, I want to take care of you, too.

**Chaeng’s eyes widened.**

Chaeng: Uhm... sure, ma’am. I’ll call the hotel later to cancel my reservation.

Mina’s Mom: Good! I’ll go now.

**Then mom exited the dining.**


***TO BE CONTINUED***


Episode 52     Episode 54


No comments:

Post a Comment