Coffee and Letters Ep. 38 - (A MiChaeng FF Story)


Coffee and Letters Ep. 38 - (A MiChaeng FF Story)

Bam: Heeey, attorney!

**Bam exclaimed enthusiastically as he pulls the chair in front of a glass wall between him and his lawyer, Attorney Leeteuk.**

**The man was wearing a tailored fit black suit jacket, white button-down shirt, and paired it with a diagonally checkered crimson necktie. He’s sitting upright and exhibiting sharp expression. He nodded once and held his greetings until Bam got settled.**

Atty. Leeteuk: I have bad news.

**Bam leaned forward. His expression turned grim.**

Atty. Leeteuk: Your dad doesn’t want to coordinate. He said he won’t bail you out here.

**Bam slammed the glass wall with his left palm, which sent Atty. Leeteuk to jerk from his seat.**

Bam: I want to talk to him. Let me talk to my dad.

Atty. Leeteuk: I thought about that, too. You talking to him. Maybe you’ll be able to convince him to bail you out from here. But no, he doesn’t want to talk to you… or see you. Unless you’ll prove that you’re innocent. Those are the exact words he said to me.

**Bam plopped back in his seat. It will be impossible for him to get out of that place if his dad won’t send help.**

Atty. Leeteuk: The only thing we can do now is for us to have a private settlement with Ms. Son. Let’s propose a negotiation for them to drop the charges. If she agrees with it, you’ll get out from here in no time.

**He said sharply. And Bam gazed back at him.**

Bam: Negotiate? What do you have in mind?

Atty. Leeteuk: Offer her money. She barely has much, and maybe if we’ll offer her more than she needs and make few promises, we’ll get her to sign with our bargain.

**Bam snickered.**

Bam: I like that attorney. Offer her an amount that she won’t say no. Or ask them what they want and we’ll give them what they need. I barely touched her, so there’s no reason for them to hold me here.

**Atty. Leeteuk nodded, his expression is still sharp.**

Atty. Leeteuk: But I heard from one of my colleagues that she wants to see you. Ask you some things. What would you want me to say in case their lawyer approaches me?

**Bam tilted his head to his right before he smiled**

Bam: Oh… so she wants to see me again. I’d love that. Say yes, if her lawyer asks you. I’m willing to catch up with her.

Atty. Leeteuk: All right.

**Atty. Leeteuk pulled his chair forward as if he’s going to whisper in his ear.**

Atty. Leeteuk: Can you do me a favor?


**Bam nodded instantaneously.**

Atty. Leeteuk: Will you act as if you’re sorry for everything you’ve caused her? That will help us get what we want and need.

**Atty. Leeteuk found no remorse in his client. Even when he admitted the crime that he did when they first met, he never heard him say sorry about it. He even boasted about how he did it alone. How he almost got away from it. If only he didn’t miss the newly installed CCTV at the ice cream shop, no one will find out about the crime he’s about to commit.**

**Bam shook his head and hang his head up, staring at the top edge of the glass separating him from his lawyer.

Bam: Act as if I’m sorry. Do you think it will do the job?

**Atty. Leeteuk smirked. Of course, it will. This isn’t the first time he handled this kind of case. Besides, this is a win-win deal for both parties, so why won’t Ms. Son say yes to it?**

Bam: If you think it will work, I’ll go for it. After all, it’s easy to convince people. Hence act as if I’m sorry.

*****


**Mina was still sleeping soundly when Chaeng reeled to the bedside table to check the time. It’s already three in the afternoon. She drew near to Mina and kissed her on her temple. Mina opened her eyes for a second and then went back to sleep.**

**Chaeng smiled at the view in front of her. She’d written dozens of love stories, but never in her senses occurred that this thing with Mina will ever exist.**

**I need to eat something. She thought. So, she dragged herself out from the bed, avoiding waking Mina up. She even carried her slippers on her side and exited the door with her bare feet.**

**Then she saw Tzuyu sitting on the sun porch as she descends from the stairway. Her stomach was already growling, but it looks fun to sit on the sun porch for a while first before making something to eat.**

Chaeng: Hey!

**Tzuyu turned to her instantaneously and smiled.**

Tzuyu: I have no words for this place.

**Chaeng sat beside Tzuyu and watched the clouds passing above them. But Tzuyu isn’t staring at the sky. Her eyes were wandering at the mountain covered with green.**

Chaeng: When was the last time we went out? I mean, for vacation? It’s been a while, isn’t it?

Tzuyu: Yeah! That was before we graduated from the University. It was the recollection day, right?

Chaeng: Oh, yeah!

**Chaeng laughed frantically.**

Tzuyu: Heeeey! Don’t bring that up.


**She then pushed Chaeng, but that didn’t stop Chaeng from laughing so hard.**

Chaeng: I’m not saying anything. I’m just laughing.

Tzuyu: Right!

**Tzuyu rolled her eyes and looked away.**

Chaeng: Anyway, how long do you plan to stay here?

Tzuyu: Why? Do you want to get rid of me now?

*She said sarcastically.**

Chaeng: No.

**Her voice became soft, which abruptly forced Tzuyu to turn to her, worried.**

Chaeng: It’s actually the opposite.

**She paused and stared back at Tzuyu. Her smile is weak and pleading.**

Chaeng: I feel safe when you’re here. I… I have no family now. But… But you remind me I still have one.

**Tzuyu sighed, yet ended it with a quick smile.**

Tzuyu: I am, Chaeng. I am a family.

**She pushed Chaeng again.**

Tzuyu: Well, even if you get married, I will remain as a family. And do you think I’ll stay away from you?

**She winked, and Chaeng didn’t get her reference at first. Her forehead creased in confusion.**

Chaeng: Oh, geez! That thing isn’t for me!

**The situation got shifted. It’s Tzuyu now who’s laughing so hard.**

Chaeng: Do you really like her? I mean, I don’t think she’ll go out with you. You know. Mina said she even opposed her relationship with her ex-fiancé.

Tzuyu: I have a feeling that she’ll eventually say, yes.

Chaeng: Really? I don’t even see her giving you a sign of interest.

Tzuyu: Trust me. I’ve seen girls like her. Playing hard to get. Besides, no one can resist my charm, and you know that.

**Chaeng hissed. Couldn’t believe the confidence her best friend has. But she’s right, never in their lifetime, someone said no to her. Her magic charm always works.**

Chaeng: I only have one wish from you. Don’t play with her, okay? ‘Cause if it happens, Mina and I might have a problem, too.

Tzuyu: She’s different. I mean, the first time I saw her. It feels different. Call me a hopeless romantic now, but it’s true.

**Chaeng never heard her say those kinds of words. She never chased someone or even got serious with someone. She’s always playing around, going with the flow, and just kiss and make love for a night. But never tie herself to anyone. Commitment is just for characters in the books she read from their authors. And that’s just it.**

Chaeng: Why does it sound like you believe in a relationship now?

**Then she heard Tzuyu snorted, yet still staring from afar.**

Tzuyu: Maybe I’m into boring stuff now.

Chaeng: Whoa! That hurts!

**Then they both laughed.**

*****



**Mina woke up at her phone chiming ceaselessly. But before she picked it up, Chaeng was no longer beside her. So she pushed herself up and checked who’s calling her persistently.**

Mina: Hello?

Atty. Min: Hello, Ms. Myoui. This is Atty. Min Kyung-hoon from the prosecutor’s office. I received a call from Atty. Leeteuk, Mr. Bam’s attorney. They’re suggesting a negotiation.

Mina: Negotiation? You mean, they want us to drop the case?

Atty. Min: Yes, Ms. Myoui. They’re willing to bend according to your terms. Well, we all know that they’ve admitted the crime that Mr. Bam committed, and they want to have a private settlement.

Mina: Which means not serving in jail, right?

Atty. Min: I’m afraid that’s the reason for this settlement. Atty. Leeteuk doesn’t want his client to end up in jail. But come to think of it, Ms. Myoui. You can impose something on the defense. At least that will help both of you to save time on this case.

**Mina sucked up some air. Is this the right decision? Wait! No. I shouldn’t be the one deciding for this case. This is Chaeng’s case, not mine.**

Atty. Min: To give you more light about their proposals, Atty. Leeteuk will send the document early tomorrow morning to my office. I will drop by at your hotel or at your house to present to you the document. By that, you can scrutinize all their bullets before you make your decision.

Mina: I don’t know, attorney. I’m not the one who should decide on this case. And you know I want Bam to end up in jail. I no longer want to see him near me or any of my friends. I no longer want that thing to happen again.

Atty. Min: I understand, Ms. Myoui. We can suggest that to them. A restraining order. Or even ban Mr. Bam from coming back here. We can blacklist him at the immigration since he’s now holding Canadian citizenship.

Mina: Is that… is that possible, attorney?

Atty. Min: Yes, Ms. Myoui. We can do that.

**Hearing the option to blacklist Bam in entering their town again made her ecstatic. At least if Chaeng will agree with this private settlement, they still have the best viable option.**

Mina: You know I’m not the one who should decide on this, attorney. I need to discuss it with Ms. Son.

Atty. Min: No problem, Ms. Myoui. But I’ll still proceed on dropping by your place tomorrow. Just let me know your most convenient time.

Mina: That’s better, attorney.


Atty. Min: By the way, Ms. Myoui, Atty. Leeteuk also mentioned that it’s all right for Ms. Son to see Mr. Bam. She can visit him as soon as tomorrow.

Mina: Sure, attorney. I will relay that to Ms. Son, too. Thank you so much for all your help, attorney.

Atty. Min: No problem, Ms. Myoui. See you tomorrow.

**Then the call ended.**

**Mina dropped herself back to her bed with her hands lying on her chest.**

Mina: I just hope everything will end now.

**She whispered before she closed her eyes again, recalling what happened to Chaeng and her before they ended up sleeping on her bed.**

**It was the first time she felt so hungry for someone. That she doesn’t want to let go, even if she’s already losing her breath. There’s something with Chaeng that she craves so much, and she doesn’t understand what it is. Is it her kiss? Her smell? Her embrace? Or the way she stares at her? And playing all these things in her head makes it more difficult to determine the right answer. All she knows is, she loves everything that she’s giving her, and she’s willing to give her everything, too. And protecting her is the first on her list. She’ll no longer allow someone to hurt her again. She thought.**

**Then she heard someone turned the knob, which made her push herself up instantly.**

Chaeng: Oh… you’re awake now.

**Chaeng walked towards Mina and kissed her on top of her head. Mina’s still sitting at the edge of the bed when she wrapped her arms around her waist.**

Chaeng: You, okay?

Mina: Hmm… yeah.

Chaeng: Good. Do you want to eat? I made sandwiches for us. Well, don’t expect too much, okay? I’m not a chef.

**Mina pushed herself away from her and looked up.**

Mina: Atty. Min called. Bam’s lawyer suggested having a private settlement. I told him I will relay everything he told me to you. And that I’m not the one who’ll decide on this case.

**Chaeng paused.**

Mina: What are you thinking?

Chaeng: Nothing. I guess we need to discuss that. I’m… I’m not sure what to do.

**Mina nodded and raised her right to pull Chaeng by the back of her neck. She, too, doesn’t know which one to choose. All she could do is to assure her that she’ll always stay beside her whatever her decision is. And that she’ll never leave her alone. She thought.**

Mina: Kiss me.

**Chaeng smiled as if she had forgotten the settlement she just heard a minute ago.**

Chaeng: I’d love that.

**Then she hunched down and pushed Mina back onto the bed. Inhaling her breath… again.**


***TO BE CONTINUED***


Episode 37       Episode 39


5 comments:

  1. Thank you Authornim for the updates

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope Bam gets punished. He is aware of his wrong doings and won't hesitate to continue..thank you for the update Authornim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Chaengie day...🎉🎊🥂🎁🎂💖😍💗

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Chaeyoung Day Strawberryprincess 🐯🍓💋
    Thank yu authornim...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im so happy that both of them are together now lol i swear bam should be punished and stay for the jail in a long time...

    ReplyDelete